Friday, September 30, 2011

King Of The Hill


The Story:
It was around 2009 and I just wasn't inspired to create any music.  In fact I think almost a year had passed since I worked on anything.  I had just turned 32 and think during that time I was slowing down a bit and getting real bored with the same old thing.  You know...same old social events, same old pickup lines, same old vibe in the clubs and same old BS from the men that I met.  So I just wasn't in a point in my life where I was inspired to create music.  Well my boy Quis was in my ear telling me that I should work on something and that he wanted me to listen to some of the tracks that he made.  So I picked up my pen and wrote how I was feeling.  Over the hill?  Nah...I'm King of the Hill!!!!



King Of The Hill
(Music by Marquis Simmons; Lyrics by Nadia Trammell)

Chorus 2X:
I'm Over the games
Over the clubs 
Over the thrills
An Over Achiever
Over Reacher
I'm Up and Over that Hill
I'm Up and Over that Hill
Over that Hill
(Repeat)

You can call me if you want
This women will not cause a fuss
It makes me laugh, it brings me back 
to the past when all was fun
Got the ride, got the crib, and the bills
Played the game checked a mate
And many have been replaced
Black and White no need to fight
My wisdom is grey
Now they listen to what I say

Chorus:

Bridge:
Stress from a test
Dress to impress
Lack of a car
Can't get into that bar
21 ain't so far
Days are long gone
2…3…4…100 times ain't no charm

Rap (Marquis Simmons):

Chorus:


No comments:

Post a Comment