Friday, September 23, 2011

Dead End

The Story:
This was recorded around 2001.  First off I know the drum track is very weak.  Drum tracks have always been difficult for me, but in my defense on this song keep in mind I had only just started creating music tracks that year.  My drum beats eventually get better with practice and then I discovered how to use the heck out of the quanatize function to come up with some sick beats like on the song "Drink".
What I was excited about in this song is how I discovered the art of sampling your own voice and adding it to your keyboard and playing a sampled voice as a note on the keyboard.  It is easy to do that stuff now on a computer, but back in 2001 it took a little more time an effort to get that effect.  I also started experimenting with effects on my voice.  Again lots of time and effort on the old school Roland multi-track recorder.  So when you hear the sampled high pitched chipmunk type of voice being sprinkled throughout this song know that I was one happy camper when I finished recording this song.  With that in mind hopefully you can look past the elementary weak drum beat and the fact that I never recorded the 2nd verse of the song...but it has a cute instrumental bridge :-)

Dead End
(Music and Lyrics by Nadia Trammell )

Looking down this long road
I see no where, no place to go
You look at me asking what to do
Cuz you don't know our next move

Chorus:
I don't know which way to go
And you don't know where I've been
I See no type of direction
Just a sign pointing to a dead end


No comments:

Post a Comment