Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hip Hop Or Hip Not?

Nasty Girls (Cover)
Adult Language Advisory


http://f.cl.ly/items/0V3r1r161l0h0a381e08/07%20Nasty%20Girl.mp3

The Story:
Yeah I'm no rapper or hip hop artist :-)  The song Nasty Girls was recorded back in 1997/98 when I was at VCU and everyone had a beat machine that was going to make them the next hot producer :-)  Well I asked one of those folks to loop a track for me and then I went to visit my buddies Brook and Will who were two brothers who had a basement studio.   If you knew me back in my college days...well you know I was famous for jumping into a free style cypher just for the fun of it and to get a good laugh.  So I decided to add in a couple of lines...LOL...at the time I really thought I was doing something.  I can't believe how young and squeaky my voice sounds.  This one should have stayed in the Vault but I thought it would be a fun listen for you all!!!

The Suburban Pioneer is what happens when you are bored and the guy that you are dating has a home studio and a couple of verses he can throw your way to make you sound like you might actually be a serious hip hop artist...No I don't think I fooled anyone :-)  But at least you know I don't take myself to serious or I wouldn't dare share this with you.  Enjoy!!!
 

Hip Not Not

No comments:

Post a Comment