Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Miss Celie's Blues

The Story:
I did this song at Blues Alley for my little Sistah Brandy!!!  When we were younger she would play this song on the piano and we would act out the Color Purple scene from the movie.  Fun times...I couldn't have asked for a better sister and best friend. Wishing many years of blessings to My Sistah and her Husband to be.

Miss Celie's Blues
(Vocals by Nadia Trammell)
Sister,
you've been on my mind
Sister, we're two of a kind
So sister,
I'm keepin' my eyes on you
I betcha think
I don't know nothin'
But singin' the blues

Oh sister, have I got news for you
I´m somethin'
I hope you think (I know you think)
that you´re somethin' too
Oh, Scufflin',
I been up that lonesome road
And I seen a lot of suns goin' down
Oh, but trust me
No low life's gonna run me around  
So let me tell you somethin' sister
Remember your name
No twister,
gonna steal your stuff away
My sister
We sho' ain't got a whole lot of time
So shake your shimmy,
Sister
Cause honey the 'shug
is feelin' fine

No comments:

Post a Comment